Project Quantity Surveyor
Project Quantity Surveyor - Hard Landscaping & Groundworks
Carrowhugh recruitment is currently recruiting for an intermediate Quantity Surveyor to join a leading commercial landscape contractor operating on a national basis. Established for over 15 years, the company are a top 5 contractor in their sector delivering award winning schemes for local authorities and building contractors. The company skills include hard landscaping and groundworks, soft landscaping and external works. Their turnover is £50m per annum approx.
They have an exciting vacancy for a Quantity Surveyor to join the team. Reporting to the Senior quantity surveyor and Commercial Director you will play a key role alongside the construction team responsible for the commercial management of their larger landscape construction projects. As a major landscape contractor the project values of projects you would be typically involved with would vary between £1m to £15m. The ideal candidate will currently be employed in a similar role within a landscape or groundwork/civils contractor, preferably have experience working as a specialist sub-contractor and be highly motivated to ensure all aspects of the projects are delivered successfully. There is real opportunity to grow and progress with this company.
As a Project Quantity Surveyor your responsibilities for full commercial management include:
* Assist with the Tender stage negotiation of contractual terms and market testing of prices
* Assist with the Management of contract budgets and monthly reporting procedures
* Liaison with clients, main contractors and landscape architects
* Assist with the Procurement of subcontractors and materials alongside their buyer
* Identification and valuation of variations and additional works
* Compilation of interim applications and final accounts along with resolution of disputes
An ideal Quantity Surveyor will hold the following skills and experiences:
* You will be commercially astute and able to maximise profits without sacrificing client relationships.
* You will have excellent attention to detail and significant technical knowledge.
* You will have strong contractual and construction law knowledge
* You will have the ability to communicate and negotiate effectively.
* You will definitely be a self-motivated and committed team player with a desire to achieve great things for yourself and the business.
* You will hold a relevant commercial qualification alongside industry experience.
In return you will receive a competitive salary dependent upon experience, plus package.
Excellent communicator - oral and written
Attention to detail
Strong character - tenacious
Exceptional IT skills - especially Microsoft Excel and project management software
Troubleshooting, problem solving
Flexible - location (will be required to work at site as well as office base)
If you wish to discuss further please do not hesitate to contact me.
Back to Jobs