Construction Sustainability Manager
Sustainability Manager - Construction
Carrowhugh recruitment is currently recruiting for a Sustainability Manager for a busy and well established civils contractor in East London. This role will report directly to the Board and you will you will be tasked to develop and drive the Company's commitment and strategy to improve its sustainability and environmental performance; minimising their impact whilst leaving a positive legacy on the communities and environment in which they work.
Job Role of the Sustainability Manager :
• Implement, develop and manage the Company's sustainability strategy.
• Develop policies, procedures and systems in relation to environmental and sustainability issues for the business activities.
• Manage initiatives from conception to implementation on a range of sustainability issues, particularly carbon foot printing, energy and water management, sustainable procurement and social value.
• Raise awareness of sustainability issues affecting the Company and its projects through a variety of media outlets.
• Develop and provide training and advice on sustainability issues to staff at all levels across the business.
• Assist and input to tendering process on sustainable practices and solutions.
• Carry out environmental audits and inspections on facilities and project sites in relation to the IMS and associated business accreditations.
• Carryout environmental monitoring on project sites, analyse results and develop strategy and control measures.
• Assist project teams in the development of Environmental and Site Waste Management Plans.
• Liaise with external stakeholders on social and community engagement.
• Report and measure the sustainability and environmental impacts of the business and its project sites.
• Prepare sustainability reports and case studies for Main Board Directors.
• Participate with relevant working groups as a part of the company's partnership with the Supply Chain Sustainability School.
• Lead the company charity and social value committee.
KEY COMPETENCIES OF THE SUSTAINABILITY MANAGER
Skills & Experience:
• Reliable and conscientious worker.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with clients and colleagues.
• Exceptional communication skills - both verbal and written.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to support multiple projects and systems.
• Excellent organisational, planning and prioritising skills.
• Ability to drive projects and the overall strategy through to a high standard.
• Strong analytical skills with good attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and show initiative.
KNOWLEDGE OF THE SUSTAINABILITY MANAGER
Practical & Technical:
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Ability to inspire, influence and implement change with the enthusiasm and energy required to make things happen.
• Experience with using different media to communicate sustainability messages to a range of stakeholders.
• Ability to deal confidently and knowledgably with colleagues, supply chain and external consultants and clients.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office applications.
• Computer literate and capable of producing accurate and thorough reports and analysis.
• Degree qualified in an environmental or sustainability related discipline.
• Membership of a relevant professional body (IEMA, CIWM,).
• Experience and competence in auditing to ISO 14001.
• Knowledge and understanding of nuisance monitoring and control.
• 5-7 years' experience in working in the construction industry.
Competitive Salary negotiable upon experience.
If you wish to discuss further please do not hesitate to contact me.
Back to Jobs