Our client have specialised in groundworks, RC frame and infrastructure projects since its formation over 30 years ago. They have earned a sound reputation by providing a professional, reliable, and safety conscious service to their clients, who include major residential developers and housing associations.
We are seeking a highly motivated Buyer with previous procurement experience in groundworks and concrete structures to work within our Commercial Department, based at their Head Office in North London.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Procuring materials and services requested by site teams via Material Requisition Forms, or as directed by senior members of the management team.
· Negotiating payment terms and rebates; and creating robust contractual arrangements with their supply chain to ensure positive outcomes in terms of cost, time, quality, and safety.
· Formulating selection criteria and sourcing strategies to ensure that they make the appropriate choice of suppliers for goods and services.
· Maintaining good working relationships with existing members of their supply chain while seeking to expand it.
· Working with technical specialists to ensure that products and materials are to the required quality and meet the defined specification.
· Identifying and negotiating cost reduction opportunities within the supply chain.
Planning deliveries of materials to accommodate the requirements of the project programme and any site-specific logistical issues.
· Maintaining all Duty of Care documentation and records in compliance with EPA in respect of the movement and disposal of muck and other waste material.
Working with Estimators to negotiate and confirm material costs for tenders.
· Maintaining a record of stock held in the company yard.
· Matching invoices to orders before passing them for payment; raising queries if necessary.
· Assisting in the development of IT systems to improve procurement and supply.
· Working with the accounts team to resolve invoice/delivery ticket queries.
· Delivering value added outcomes to the Company in terms of improved quality and safety, achievement of timescales, required quantities, and reduced prices and costs. [This list is not exhaustive.]
The candidate we are seeking will have the following attributes:
At least 2 years' experience working in a procurement role for a UK-based groundworks and RC frame specialist subcontractor.
Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
Experienced in logistical planning and just in time deliveries.
Excellent organisational and time management skills.
Able to work well with others.
A keen commercial business sense.
Able to meet deadlines.
Good product & industry knowledge.
Good understanding of relevant legislation.
Competent in the use of standard computer software packages (Word, Excel, etc.), document control and costs management systems.
Good attention to detail.
Achieved or working towards a CIPS Level 4 Diploma in Procurement and Supply or equivalent qualification (desirable but not essential).
If you wish to contact me prior to submitting your CV please do not hesitate. Thanks, Pat at Carrowhugh.
Back to Jobs